Not a Kindle Kind of Gal

Sunday, August 29, 2010

I love reading books so thought I would purchase the Kindle, knowing how compact it was and how I could down load a book anytime, anywhere seemed so convenient. I have to say it works great and does everything it says it does. But I miss my books!



I don't know maybe its just me but reading books with the Kindle is just a little impersonal.  I want the actual book with the colorful cover to sit on my coffee table. You don't know how many times I have mentioned to a friend that I am reading a great book,  the sad thing is I can't share it with them because its saved on the Kindle.

Now don't get me wrong I am not saying I hate the Kindle because I don't. It does have its good qualities. When I am having one of those days that I just want some quiet time and head to the pool or to get a peddie. I am able to sit back and relax and the person next to me does not try to start a conversation about what I think of the book I am reading.

Do you think the Kindle is for you?

12 comments:

Brandy@YDK August 30, 2010 at 7:20 PM  

I read all my books on my phone or iPad now. Only because my toddler tries to get between me and a real book. I do miss lending books.

Anonymous,  September 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM  

I really want a Kindle, or an iPad, or a Nook. My fear though is that I'll break it! LOL I am the clumsy sort.

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali September 1, 2010 at 6:42 PM  

Well the gel cover does help to protect it, and it is pretty durable.

Leeann @ Join the Gossip September 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM  

It just seems like extra money is being spent, so I wouldn't buy one. And I need to start reading more in general haha. And if you want to let me borrow LA Candy I won't be mad at cha ;)

Sherri Lynn Herrmann September 1, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

Well how funny is that; Just today my partner and I were discussing this very same thing! I was telling her that I wouldn't be interested in the Kindle, because you don't get the same feel from it...that new book smell, the way the book feels in your hands...especially if it's kind of bendy...lol...so no I will stick with "old skool" books...

~Peace~

Becky September 2, 2010 at 6:44 AM  

I not only still love actual books, I still go to an actual library and check them out to read them. I need to book in hand, the smell of it, the feel of the pages. I do a whole lot on line, but reading books is not one of them.

Good Girl Gone Shopping September 2, 2010 at 12:49 PM  

I think one day I'll invest in one. The only thing is that I can't relax in the bath with it, like I can a good paperback!

Unplanned Cooking September 3, 2010 at 1:53 PM  

I love reading books. I'm not sure how I'd adapt to a Kindle. I often get slightly nauseous looking down at things. Wonder if it would have that affect. Plus, I just love the feel of libraries/bookstores. Would miss those!

Anonymous,  September 3, 2010 at 10:18 PM  

I thought I'd feel this way, until I got a Kindle for my birthday.... Now I read do all my reading in a Kindle...

:D

Daisy September 4, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

I've solved my own conundrum over this by combining the library hen I want the feel of a book in my hands and the iPad when I need to save a book for future reference or rereading, iPad beats kindle for more closely mimicking a real book, IMHO. Some books I'll never get rid of tho. I love that my son is reading some of my own childhood books.

Sandra September 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

I do think the Kindle is for me, but I agree, I would miss the feel of having an actual book in my hand. It's kind of the reason why I don't enjoy the Google reader. I prefer going to the blogger's actual blog to see the colours, the character of the blog. I guess I'm old fashioned in that way.
Have been visiting various posts throughout your blog. You are a delightful lady! :)

sheila December 4, 2010 at 4:54 AM  

I think I would be the same way, I just love touching the cover and feelin the pages. (not as weird as that sounds, lol)

Post a Comment

Google