Wednesday, August 25, 2010
This week sure has been a scorcher! Today the temperature read 112 degrees. Hot days like this in California are a sure sign of wild fire, heat exhaustion, and some people even say earthquakes.
Please remember these hot days could be damaging to your health so here are a few survival tips:
- Drink Plenty of water it is very important to stay hydrated
- Never leave a child or pet in your car even if you just have to run into the store for a second
- If you have a pet make sure they always have fresh water
- Feel over heated take a cool bath or shower
- Try not to over exert yourself outside, its best to do your outside work in the early morning when its cool
- snack of frozen treats like Popsicles, or frozen grapes
- Check out your local cool centers
Hoping all my Cali friends are staying cool! If you have any tips on how to beat the heat let us know.
Photo Credits: Temperature Neecy