Make Yourself Accountable Not 2011

Sunday, January 2, 2011

  
Why does it seem like the older I get the faster the year goes by?  Well 2010 has past and now we enter 2011. A lot of people are posting statements like "2011 please bring me a better year", I actually jumped on the band wagon and thought the same thing. That is until my friend Leeann made this comment, 

 "A new year doesn't end life as we knew it. If you need to use it as a starting point, OK. But hold yourself accountable, not 2011."

She is so right! You are in control of your life not the year. So I say lets make it a great year by making yourself accountable. I have decided I am not making any resolutions this year. I am setting the following goals for myself. (it makes it less stressful)
  • Lose wieght
  • Have more patients
  • Blog more often
  • Have at least $1000 in my savings account by the end of the year
  • Read more
Do you make resolutions or goals? If so please share!!!


photo credits:mimsyweretheborogroves

12 comments:

Unknown January 2, 2011 at 2:51 PM  

Leeann is a smart gal - and so right about this. Truly, my only goal is to be a better person than I am right now. Plain. Simple. And completely doable.

KDC Events January 2, 2011 at 3:18 PM  

Awesome point! Here are mine:
1) Spend more time on my self, not the normal 10min to get ready!
2) Be HEALTHY, if this involves losing weigh, great! But my kids need me to be healthy.
3) Focus on what we (my family and I) have, not need.
4) Take more day trips with the kids.

Danielle January 2, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

That is great advice! I think that anytime is a great time to start a new goal (and stick with it) but sometimes it's just easier to start fresh while everyone else is making changes too. Best of luck making your goals! I recently started making more time for reading, too!

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali January 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

Ellen you are already a great person so not sure how much you will be able to change...

Denice I love your goals!

The Fat Mom January 2, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

I've always hated resolutions for the new year. That's why I started Weight Watchers before 2011. Now, I'm just continuing what needs to be done.

This year I'm focusing more on me. Not my kids. Not my husband. Not my friends. ME!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip January 2, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

Awwwww! What a sweet post! People are saying Im smart hehe :D

I think after doing the vegetarian thing I can't really top that, so since then I haven't come up with any resolutions. AKA, I'm being lazy lol ;)

Brandy@YDK January 3, 2011 at 7:23 AM  

good luck with those goals! I have very similar ones.

Steph @ Thoughts From Cali January 3, 2011 at 7:28 AM  

Danielle, I think this is going to be the hardest of all my goals, I just can't seem to find anything that is keeping my interest.

Leeann, you are smart LOL!

Brandy, Thanks and if you need any support let me know, I am here to help!

elliotts January 3, 2011 at 1:15 PM  

Happy New Year!! Good luck with all your goals...mine are definately similar!

Megan (Best of Fates) January 6, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

Hold yourself accountable, not 2011 - I love that! Definitely a wise statement.

Liz Mays January 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM  

I LOVE that perspective on it! Makes so much sense. :)

Juliana January 7, 2011 at 9:37 AM  

Love this! I hope that you have a wonderful 2011. I sure have missed all you guys!

Post a Comment

Google